Friday, September 28, 2012

Nice to meet you!

Hello! 
 
     For readers who might not know me, I thought I'd introduce myself!  My name is Rachel, and I'm an eighteen-year-old recent high school graduate. 
 
 

I'm from the small town of Sunfield, Michigan, a really cute farming community. I went to Lakewood High School in Lake Odessa, the next town over. This is where I grew up.




This is my family. From left: my sister Amy, my dad Carl, me, my mom Michelle and my sister Hanna. I'm going to miss them so much!
 
 
 
This is me and my boyfriend, Chris.  We've been dating for a little over 2 1/2 years now.  He is a student at Olivet College, but this semester he is studying abroad in India!  I'll be missing him a lot, too. 
 
 
     My AmeriCorps experience this year will be my first time really leaving home, so I'm a bit nervous.  It will be a huge change, and I am going to miss my family and friends so much.  I know this will be a great experience, though!  I'm really happy that I'll have the chance to help others, to have new experiences, to travel and to grow as a person.  I hope that reading my blog is fun for you and helps you learn more about AmeriCorps NCCC if that is your goal.  Please feel free to email me with any questions at rachel_poole123@hotmail.com!  I would be happy to hear from you.  Thank you for reading. =)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment