Sunday, May 19, 2013

3rd Transition

Hello!

     We finally had a successful camping trip!  We stayed up there for a week, cleaning out the sediment detention structures.  We filled over 1,000 sand bags with the errant soil!  Camping was challenging, but really interesting.  I learned all about Leave No Trace principles, public lands, the history of the area and the greenback cutthroat trout.  Our supervisors were really great at teaching us new things.  The weather was pretty poor, but we survived and got all of our work done. 

    Here's a video I made of my time with Rocky Mountain Field Institute.  It begins with my work on Barr Trail, and ends with the camping trip in Bear Creek.



     
     I got to spend the last week in Denver relaxing, attending meetings and trainings and catching up with friends.  Tomorrow morning I'll start my 3 day journey to Brazos Bend State Park! 

No comments:

Post a Comment